microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

SqlCacheDependency - one, or many?

Jordan

11/21/2007 9:31:00 PM

I am setting up caching for the lookup lists on a "Products" page with
SqlCacheDependency objects and SqlServer2005. I am not very familiar
with the overhead involved the SqlServer2005 invalidating cache, so I
am not sure which would be more efficient for my project:

1) Setting up a cache dependency for each of the 5 lookup dropdown
lists. If one list is changed, only that list will be invalidated and
reloaded.

2) Setting up one cache dependency that invalidates all of the lists
if any of them change.

Thanks,
Jordan