Andrew Deren

1/5/2005 9:55:00 PM

I'm trying to print some stuff with GDI+ and also a wmf image on the document.
The wmf image is rotated 90 degrees, but it looks really bad when printed.
When it's not rotated, it looks fine, but when rotated it looks like it is
pixelated. The edges of the lines are really jigged. The other stuff that I
draw rotated (text, ovals and rectangles) look fine.
What could be causing this?
Thanks,
Andrew
2 Answers

J. Jones

Andrew Deren wrote:
> I'm trying to print some stuff with GDI+ and also a wmf image on the document.
> The wmf image is rotated 90 degrees, but it looks really bad when printed.
> When it's not rotated, it looks fine, but when rotated it looks like it is
> pixelated. The edges of the lines are really jigged. The other stuff that I
> draw rotated (text, ovals and rectangles) look fine.
> What could be causing this?
> Thanks,
> Andrew

You are rotating raster components (e.g. a bitmap) contained within the metafile.

Andrew Deren

It's definatelly not a raster component, because I can zoom on the wmf
without losing resolution. Only when rotating (even by 1 degree) the image
gets pixelated.