microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

Question Title: Advanced Theory Question for Imaging Event Sink

David A. Coursey

1/5/2005 9:39:00 PM

Ok, I am building an Exchange event sink to accept incoming file attachments,
process them, and then reconstruct the mail object and sent it to a new
recipient. I have most of it working but I have run into some complex
problems that are a little above my head.

1. The final destination for a tiff file will only accept files with
Motorola byte-order. I do know that some clients will submit tiff's with
Intel byte-order. I would like to be able to re-encode these images in
Motorola byte-order. I know that this is no small undertaking. Do I need
to use GDI+ to accomplish this? Is there a better way? I also will be
changing the images compression to ensure that the final recipient always
receives CCIEEGroup3. I already have this part working.

2. I would like to avoid writing all of this to disk because that will slow
everything down immensely. Event sinks can be created type OnSyncSave, which
as I've read allows you to manipulate the mail object before it is written to
disk. Am I understanding that correctly? This way I could just pass a file
stream to my converter class and have a file stream returned. Then I could
send the newly reconstructed mail object to the final destination and delete
the old mail object without anything ever accessing the disk.

Does any of this sound retarded? Are there any good websites for learning
C# for GDI+?

Thanks for taking the time to look.

dave