microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

Distributed Clustered Cache Alternatives

adigunpalmer

10/12/2007 4:35:00 PM

Synopsis: Need a .Net cache solution in which the cache can be
synchronized across multiple hosts on our server farm.

My company is investigating caching as a means to improve performance,
by reducing the database as a bottleneck. However due to constraints
imposed by our integration with business partners, we need a solution
that does not have a single point of failure. In a nutshell:

So far we have found a few vendors that offer solutions:
GemStone's Gemfire
Alachisoft's NCache
Tangosol's Coherence
ScaleOut's StateServer
Gigaspaces XAP
However we cannot find reliable (i.e. not PR driven) performance
metrics and/or comparisons for these technologies. Does anyone have
experience with any of these products, or know of alternative
products, or means of achieving our goal?

Thank you,
Adigun Palmer

1 Answer

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

If your company is big enough, you might want to go after an unlocked demo
for evaluation purposes. I wouldn't go by any of that performance feedback
especially if the application is mission critical.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney