subdueme

1/4/2005 11:56:00 AM

Hi

No, I'm not handling any picturebox events. I think, it does not
happens with all images... If you're creating graphics inside the
picturebox it seems to behave correctly but when I use
picturebox.image = image.Fromfile() the image flashes everytime I
enter or leave the picturebox... I don't know why is this happening!!!

Any idea?

Thanks
2 Answers

Bob Powell

I can't tell without seeing your code.

--
Bob Powell [MVP]
Visual C#, System.Drawing

Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...

Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
http://www.bobpowell.net/f...

All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.

"?scar Martins" <subdueme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> No, I'm not handling any picturebox events. I think, it does not
> happens with all images... If you're creating graphics inside the
> picturebox it seems to behave correctly but when I use
> picturebox.image = image.Fromfile() the image flashes everytime I
> enter or leave the picturebox... I don't know why is this happening!!!
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks

Landley

I have seen something similar. It would appear that by using the FromFile
method, the method keeps the underlying filestream open. This can cause
headaches in a multi-user environment. Try using the FromStream method
instead and close the stream explicitly.

Let me know how you get on.

Landley