microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

GDI+ Turning off AntiAlias

semhelp

1/4/2005 5:41:00 AM

Is there a way to turn off antialiasing? I've tried smoothingmode.none, but
it doesn't help.

I need to draw 2 rectangles (using a hatchbrush) that have some overlap.
I'd like the result to appear as if single polygon was drawn. With the
antialiasing, I get a different result where the rectangles overlap.

2 Answers

Bob Powell

Textures such as hatch brushes and texture brushes should respond to the
InterpolationMode settings.

--
Bob Powell [MVP]
Visual C#, System.Drawing

Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...

Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
http://www.bobpowell.net/f...

All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.

"semhelp" <semhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to turn off antialiasing? I've tried smoothingmode.none,
> but
> it doesn't help.
>
> I need to draw 2 rectangles (using a hatchbrush) that have some overlap.
> I'd like the result to appear as if single polygon was drawn. With the
> antialiasing, I get a different result where the rectangles overlap.

semhelp

The interpolationmode does have an effect, but there isn't a
"interpolationmode.NONE" setting. The "interpolationmode.nearestneighbor"
setting doesn't completely turn off anitaliasing.

Any other ideas?