lucius

4/24/2007 3:10:00 PM

I would like to write something for my Windows Mobile 5.0 SmartPhone
that would log all outgoing data (TCP/IP) traffic using C# in the
Mobile Framework 2.0.

I would also like to know if there is anyting commercial out there
that already does this.

All help appreciated. Thanks!

1 Answer

stcheng

Hi Lucius,

For the the scenario you mentioned, do you mean you want to develop an
application which will monitor all the network packets send through a
certain network adpater/interface on the current machine?

If so, I'm afraid for mobile devices, it will be limited to the compact
framework it uses. You can search the web and find some existing network
sniffer component developed through raw socket API or .net code:

#Free Packet Sniffer Software
http://netsecurity.about.com/cs/hackertools/a/aafreepa...

http://www.codeguru.com/resource...

#Examples of the Packet Sniffer SDK using
http://www.microolap.com/products/network/pssdk/ex...

Also, here is another web forum thread mentioned some CE component for
network sniffer:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=866357&am...

In addition, I suggest you also try posting in some CE/mobile system or
compact framework newsgroups since those topics matches this issue better
and there may have some other members who can share some experience on this.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.