Tony

12/31/2004 9:15:00 AM

I have an image object of which I want to perform a high quality resize and
create a new Image (don't want to draw it to the screen).

I have tried using Image.GetThumbnailImage but the quality of the image
returned from this method really sucks. I know there must be a better way to
handle this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

3 Answers

James Westgate

Hi Tony,

1. Create a new bitmap of the size you require.
2. Get a graphics object for the bitmap by using graphics.FromImage static
method
3. Use DrawImage to draw from you old image to your new image, making sure
that the graphics.InterpolationMode is set to your quality requirements.

James

--
Create interactive diagrams and flowcharts with ERM Diagram at
http://www.cra...

Take the ERM Tour at http://www.flowchartc...

"Tony" <tonyng2@spacecommand.net> wrote in message
>I have an image object of which I want to perform a high quality resize and
>create a new Image (don't want to draw it to the screen).
>
> I have tried using Image.GetThumbnailImage but the quality of the image
> returned from this method really sucks. I know there must be a better way
> to handle this.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

Bob Powell

There is a new article in the GDI+ FAQ that explains this process.

Code in C# and VB.

--
Bob Powell [MVP]
Visual C#, System.Drawing

Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...

Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
http://www.bobpowell.net/f...

All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.

"Tony" <tonyng2@spacecommand.net> wrote in message
> I have an image object of which I want to perform a high quality resize
and
> create a new Image (don't want to draw it to the screen).
>
> I have tried using Image.GetThumbnailImage but the quality of the image
> returned from this method really sucks. I know there must be a better way
> handle this.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

Viejo Vizcacha

On May 21, 4:38 pm, "leonard7...@gmail.com" <leonard7...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On May 21, 4:25 pm, Viejo Vizcacha <nats_ugly...@yahoo.com> wrote:> On May 21, 3:44 pm, last_p...@rogers.com wrote:
>
> > > Bush came through for Israel
> > > Bush Smiles, Condi Frowns
>
> > > <http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.asp...
>
> > We have to hand this to Bush: he really did both Powell and Rice. He
> > has done more to discredit Black republicans than anyone else. He made
> > them both look like fools. That is what happens when you are loyal to
> > a boss that despises you.
>
> ** If either one was honest they would have been
> out the door during the first term.

Honesty among republicans is not easy to find. In any case, Bush used
British Blair and Spanish Aznar. Many years from now History will be
able to asses the true character and impact of Bush. He is the
incarnation of a an egotistic boy with no conscience at all, ready and
willing to use anybody, anytime, and incapable of remorse.

V.V.