Brian Ray

12/31/2004 2:34:00 AM

Hello Group,

I am using the GDI and GDI+ Together. Now in my old code I've setup a
clipping region for my GDI Canvas, then I draw something with GDI+ on it.
Does the clipping region affect the GDI+ as well so that only the required
region is drawn or do I have to "reset" the region for the GDI+ instance
again?

Alex

2 Answers

Bob Powell

The GDI clipping region is completely separate from the GDI+ clipping
region.

--
Bob Powell [MVP]
Visual C#, System.Drawing

Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...

Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
http://www.bobpowell.net/f...

All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.

"Alexander Adam" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
> Hello Group,
>
> I am using the GDI and GDI+ Together. Now in my old code I've setup a
> clipping region for my GDI Canvas, then I draw something with GDI+ on it.
> Does the clipping region affect the GDI+ as well so that only the required
> region is drawn or do I have to "reset" the region for the GDI+ instance
> again?
>
> Alex

Brian Ray

hi,

> The GDI clipping region is completely separate from the GDI+ clipping
> region.

So does that mean that I have to apply the same clipping region to my GDI+
Graphics class again?
Isn't this a speed perfomance?

Alex