microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

First page neither landscape nor portrait

Edward

12/29/2004 3:25:00 PM

We are experiencing a strange problem with the first page
of a printjob. When the orientation on my Windows XP pc
(so the platform-wide 'Printer preferences') are set to
Portrait and I set the orientation in my application to
Landscape, the first page has a blank right side. All
pages after that are ok.
The printed part on that first page is exactly as wide as
the width of printable area (page size minus the margins)
when printing in Portrait. The PageSize we use is A4.

Some extra info:
In our application the PageSetupDialog is used to offer
the user the ability to change pagesettings. Later on
these settings are retrieved in a overriding
OnQueryPageSettings event of our PrintDocument.
In the overriding OnPrintPage event of that same document
we fill the page with DrawString statements. That works
fine because the PrintPreview control shows the first page
as it should be. (And, as I mentioned earlier, all other
pages are printed correctly.)
The printer we are using is the HP Mopier 320.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and/or know the
solution for this?