Force GPRS Sync during Debugging. Can this be done?

iKiLL

1/17/2007 10:35:00 AM

Hi ,

I am trying to debug a problem with a Windows Mobile Application.
I need the PDA to Sync(I have writen the sync process myself using a web
service) using GPRS while Debugging from the VS IDE.

My question is: How can this be done?

Is there some settings i need on the PDA. Could some one point me in the
direction of an artical on this.

i have searched Google and will continue to Search but in the mean time
below is the details of my setup

Info:
C# App
Compact framework 1.0
OpenNetCF
VS2003 (I also have VS2005)

Thanks,
ink

3 Answers

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

First of all, it's not good netetiquete to crosspost to so many groups.

Secondly, I don't think you can do that. IIRC once you connect the PPC to
the cradle it disconnect all the other networks for security reasons.

Now, I do not see why you need to explicitely sync your app over GPRS, if
you can sync it from the cradle the sync works fine. what you need to test
then is the connectoin code.
Unfortunatelly I do not see any way of doing it while debugging at the same
time. At least I could not, I was doing the same but using a dialup
connection , either by usiug a modem or by using the cell phone.

"iKiLL" <iKill@NotMyEmail.com> wrote in message
| Hi ,
|
| I am trying to debug a problem with a Windows Mobile Application.
| I need the PDA to Sync(I have writen the sync process myself using a web
| service) using GPRS while Debugging from the VS IDE.
|
| My question is: How can this be done?
|
| Is there some settings i need on the PDA. Could some one point me in the
| direction of an artical on this.
|
| i have searched Google and will continue to Search but in the mean time
| below is the details of my setup
|
| Info:
| C# App
| Compact framework 1.0
| OpenNetCF
| VS2003 (I also have VS2005)
|

| Thanks,
| ink

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

You can use the page below to debug over another type of network connection
(WiFi, say). You'll have to carefully craft how you are connected to the
unit via WiFi to make sure that the network traffic that you want to go over
GPRS is really going that way, but this is your only real chance.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/librar...(VS.80).aspx

Paul T.

"Ignacio Machin ( .NET/ C# MVP )" <machin TA laceupsolutions.com> wrote in
message news:O$eJG9kOHHA.4244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> First of all, it's not good netetiquete to crosspost to so many groups.
>
> Secondly, I don't think you can do that. IIRC once you connect the PPC to
> the cradle it disconnect all the other networks for security reasons.
>
> Now, I do not see why you need to explicitely sync your app over GPRS, if
> you can sync it from the cradle the sync works fine. what you need to test
> then is the connectoin code.
> Unfortunatelly I do not see any way of doing it while debugging at the
> same
> time. At least I could not, I was doing the same but using a dialup
> connection , either by usiug a modem or by using the cell phone.
>
> "iKiLL" <iKill@NotMyEmail.com> wrote in message
> | Hi ,
> |
> | I am trying to debug a problem with a Windows Mobile Application.
> | I need the PDA to Sync(I have writen the sync process myself using a web
> | service) using GPRS while Debugging from the VS IDE.
> |
> | My question is: How can this be done?
> |
> | Is there some settings i need on the PDA. Could some one point me in the
> | direction of an artical on this.
> |
> | i have searched Google and will continue to Search but in the mean time
> | below is the details of my setup
> |
> | Info:
> | C# App
> | Compact framework 1.0
> | OpenNetCF
> | VS2003 (I also have VS2005)
> |

> | Thanks,
> | ink

iKiLL

i would like to thank you both for your input.

ink