microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

Is there any type of cache manager?

John

7/9/2007 5:33:00 PM

While debugging, I'm having a caching issue. I'm thinking that it
might be nice if I could just see a page of all cache items, with
related details. This seems like something that would be so easy to
develop, and possibly helpful to a sys admin, that it's probably
already in ASP.NET. Unfortunately, my searches are revealing nothing.

So at the risk of revealing my ignorance here; is there any type of
sys admin cache manager for .NET 2.0 that I could open up and
instantly see what's loaded into cache?

TIA
John

3 Answers

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Short answer? No. Easy to build though. Or you can turn on tracing and add
trace statements to dump cache.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney

<bulwark_jrm@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> While debugging, I'm having a caching issue. I'm thinking that it
> might be nice if I could just see a page of all cache items, with
> related details. This seems like something that would be so easy to
> develop, and possibly helpful to a sys admin, that it's probably
> already in ASP.NET. Unfortunately, my searches are revealing nothing.
>
> So at the risk of revealing my ignorance here; is there any type of
> sys admin cache manager for .NET 2.0 that I could open up and
> instantly see what's loaded into cache?
>
> TIA
> John

Jesse Houwing

* Alvin Bruney [MVP] wrote, On 11-7-2007 3:57:
> Short answer? No. Easy to build though. Or you can turn on tracing and add
> trace statements to dump cache.

There is a free 3rd party debug visualizer though.

More info can be found here:
http://blog.bretts...

Jesse

Teemu Keiski

Oh but there is. Steve Smith (http.//blogs.aspadvice.com/ssmith) has
provided one on AspAlliance
http://aspalliance.com/cachemanager/de...

--
Teemu Keiski