carl.manaster@gmail.com

12/20/2004 8:33:00 PM

I'm pretty new to dotnet; sorry if this is a FAQ but I've reviewed
usenet and the FAQs I could find without success.

I'm drawing fancy windows - funny shapes that resize in odd ways - and
have the Region generation down pretty well, but my Region is clipped
to the Form's boundary rectangle.

Fine, I thought - I'll just make it really big. Unfortunately, when I
move or resize the Form, it "snaps" it back onscreen (or at least below
the top).

I tried working around this by resizing and translating the window to
fit just around where the Region belongs, then offsetting the Region
within the window, but found myself down a rathole - plus, I really
want the possibility of having part of the window offscreen, including
off the top of the screen.

Is there a way to prevent the snapping? I don't want a universal
setting to change - I don't want to mess with existing behavior for
normal windows - just something (an event, maybe) to override in my
Form subclass to block this behavior for the custom forms.
Thanks,
--Carl