microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

Cache File Dependency - File Change Monitor Fails on Network paths

pradnya.deshmukh

5/31/2007 1:09:00 PM

I am trying cache file dependency based on UNC paths. It is not
working on UNC shares as file monitoring on UNC paths are failing. It
works fine if dependency file resides on localsystem.

<b> As mentioned, ASP.NET cache dependencies that are based on the
file system rely on Win32 file change notifications. And Win32 file
change notifications support Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path
names. </b>

It seems cache does not invalidate if networkpath file changes. Can
anyone suggest solution.

1 Answer

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Why are you doing a network dependency? Shares are subject to all sorts of
connectivity issues that can cause your dependent application to misbehave.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney