microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

HTTPContext.Cache does not work on development system

Bruce Parker

5/21/2007 12:57:00 PM

We have upgraded our ASP.NET application from 1.1 to 2.0. The Visual Studio
project was changed from url-based to file-based. When we run the
application on the desktop, the cache does not hold onto the values. We can
put a value into the cache and upon immediately retrieving it, it is not
there. If we deploy the application to a test server, the cache works
correctly. How do we get this work on the development workstation?
3 Answers

wawang

Hi Bruce,

The ASP.NET Cache API should work when using the built-in web server.
Please try with a simplest web site and verify if it works.

This issue might be related to how you're using the Cache API to store
application data. Would you please show some code, and your web.config?
Thanks.

Sincerely,
Walter Wang (wawang@online.microsoft.com, remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

promptly.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/de....

wawang

Hi Bruce,

How's the issue? Please feel free to let me know if there's anything else I
can help. Thanks.

Regards,
Walter Wang (wawang@online.microsoft.com, remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Bruce,

Could you provide the minimal but working code sample demonstrating your
problem?
Because, as Walter pointed, Cache is always working inspite of site mode

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.c...
Team blog: http://devkids.blo...