Christian Stueben

12/13/2006 7:28:00 AM

Hi all,
some windows mobile 5 units (O2 Xda orbit, T-Mobile MDA compact III, HTC
P3300, HP iPAQ rx5900, Fujitsu Siemens Pocket LOOX N560, Loox T830, as the
MS Windows Mobile catalog tells me) have build-in GPS with the SIRF Star
III.
Is there any way to get the GPS-Information (latitude, longitude) from a
mobile .net-application?
Are there example source codes?

Many thanks in advance!

greetings from germany
Christian Stueben

3 Answers

Jay

HI,

This kind of information not yet available using .NET Application. If you
need those information.Please contact your telecoms provider. They can able
to tell you.

Regards,
Jay

"Christian Stueben" wrote:

> Hi all,
> some windows mobile 5 units (O2 Xda orbit, T-Mobile MDA compact III, HTC
> P3300, HP iPAQ rx5900, Fujitsu Siemens Pocket LOOX N560, Loox T830, as the
> MS Windows Mobile catalog tells me) have build-in GPS with the SIRF Star
> III.
> Is there any way to get the GPS-Information (latitude, longitude) from a
> mobile .net-application?
> Are there example source codes?
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> greetings from germany
> Christian Stueben

Thomas Coyne

I also need to interact with an inbuild gps on a T-Mobile MDA Compact
III .

I know co-pilot can work on this, but just wondering If i can get at the
GPS data from a little app of my own.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks
Thomas

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Christian Stueben

Hi Thomas,
i didn´t check it for myself (still waiting for the pocket pc), but someone
told me that the gps can be polled through the serial interface com1, com2,
etc...

greetings from germany
chris