Harry Keck

3/23/2007 8:25:00 PM

I have a web application that worked perfectly fine in ASP.Net 1.1. I
converted it to a 2.0 web application and now I can not store anything in the
cache. Unless I set the priority of the item to NotRemovable, it will
immediately disappear. At first I did not have a cache section in my
web.config, but even after adding one and declaring the most liberal policies
I could think of, it still does not work. I have seen many posts about this
on the internet, but no solutions. Does anyone here know what is wrong?

1 Answer

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Caching works. However, items in the cache aren't guaranteed to be there at
time of access. It's up to you to implement working logic to replenish the
cache.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney