Re: How to use DCOM Objects in WebService?

Erymuzuan Mustapa

8/13/2003 9:50:00 AM

It could be , that the ASPNET account doesnot have the necessary privledge
to call the object, do some impersonation in the config file

<identity impersonate="true" userName="user" password="ppp" />

--
Erymuzuan Mustapa
Inter Virtual Sdn. Bhd.

"Microsoft" <ikozen@21cn.com> wrote in message
> hi,everyone,
>
> I have an DCOM Server,now i want to invoke the method of the DCOM
> Objects in WebService.
> I have added the reference of the DCOM Object into the WebService
> project,
> and i can create the .Net wrapped class of the DCOM object in a WebMethod
of
> the WebService,and compile it without any error. But while running the
> WebMethod in IE, it failed. why?
> By the way, if I use the .Net wrapped class of the DCOM object in a C#
> Windows App, all is ok.
>
> i need your help. thank you !
>

> kozen 2003-8-13

2 Answers

kozen

The problem is solved.
It because that IIS must restart after the DCOMCnfg changed the setting.

krishna

So, did it work without any impersonation? Is the
component developed in VC++? What settings you have in
DCOMCnfg to make it work?
Krishna