ASP.NET LinkButton not working in PIE on Vodafone VP IV (WM 5.0

dpomt

10/18/2006 8:32:00 PM

Hello,

I have a Windows Mobile 5.0 Device called "vodafone VPA IV" (indeed, it is a
Qtek 9000).
ASP.NET LinkButton does not work in Pocket Internet Explorer on that device
(nothing happens when it is clicked), while a simple javascript alert does
work.

In Windows Mobile 5 Device emulator, the LinkButton runs fine.

Any ideas/workaround? Is this a device specific issue?

Thanks and best regards,
Dieter
2 Answers

stcheng

Hi Dieter,

As for ASP.NET Mobile controls (original MMIT), it has been tested against
some existing list:

#ASP.NET Mobile Control and Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit Tested Devices
http://www.asp.net/mobile/testeddevices.aspx?tabindex=6&am...

for your problem, I think you can perform some test to see whether it is
specific to the certain device(and the browser on it). Since the ASP.NET
Mobile page and control will render different markup (html, xhtml or wml)
according to the client device, you can use some trace tools(http trace
utilities) to capture the response content of the page (with link button).
And you can compare the markup between two devices , one work and one not
work to see whether there is any difference. If the markup are identical,
it means the problem is specifci to the device/browser's support of the
markup.

Some common http trace tools are TCPTrace, Trace utility .....

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

dpomt

Hello Steven,

thanks for your reply and your suggestions.
These days I am quite busy, but I will try them out as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Dieter