Terry Mulvany

8/12/2003 11:16:00 PM

Greetings all,
We have wrote a web service (asmx) which accepts as a paramater an ADO.NET
Dataset. We have compiled a proxy class from this webservice (SDL) and are
now using the proxy class in code to call this webservice passing it a
Dataset.
The customer however wants to make sure that the data being sent (which
include confidential data) is encrypted.
My thought was... why not use SSL/https. Can this be done? Is this the
prescribed way of encrypting the XML sent to/from a web service?

Thank you all very much for you time.

-Terry Mulvany

1 Answer

Gopi

You can use SSL/https, but it slows down the process. You
also can prefer microsoft WSE.