Re: Nested datagrids -- events not handled correctly

Todd Klein

10/2/2006 10:36:00 PM

I recently had a couple of problems with my site. I have a feeling it
is similar to the problems stated above. I found some info on the
double page_load, but I still need help with some strange dropdown
behavior.

To fix the double page_load, you can do one of two things:
1. You can set the autoeventwireup to false in your web.config file
(<pages autoeventwireup="false" />) or
2. You can name the subroutine something other than page_load. For
example, you could name it page_loaded.

I have a site at http://www.scienceca...
My concern is regarding the SchoolYear dropdownlist. You will notice
that the current year (2006-2007) shows up on the first page_load event.
Any subsiquent postback resets it to (2004-2005). For example, try
changing the Course dropdownlist. I have tried adding many combinations
of school years, and for some reason (2004-2005) is the preferred
choice. Most often, I can also use the first listitem. I this case, it
is (2003-2004). Switching between listitems 0 and 1 is no problem.
Switching to a higher itemindex is not working at all. This is an
irritating situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Todd