Dave Beauchemin [MVP]

8/11/2003 8:56:00 PM

It should work, but this problem is notorious to VS.NET. See
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=active+directory+services+cannot+find+server+.NET&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=%24jKyfrbNDHA.2584%40cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl&...
for additional information.

Also, note that if you are using Visual Studio .NET 2002, there is a known
bug with using Windows Server 2003 / IIS 6.0. You should upgrade to Visual
Studio .NET 2003 if possible. If not, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en....

In the future, please see microsoft.public.vstudio.development or
microsoft.public.vstudio.general for these types of questions.
--

Dave Beauchemin
Microsoft MVP, MCP

<KT> wrote in message news:uUft72EXDHA.208@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I am trying to create a simple ASP.net app on a Win 2003 server from a Win
> XP prof client. with IIS installed/ all service packs on server.
> Server not domain controller, so I duped accounts on both machines so the
> logon to server would go right through (admin on both machines)
> I followed the ASP.NET sample walkthrough in the MSDN creating a new
project
> MyWebForm. When I try to create it, the first error I get is
> The project is set to file share, but.... Unable to create project UNC
share
> \\server\wwroot$\MyWebForm
> \\server\wwroot$\MyWebForm does not exist or access is denied.
> retry with path \\server\wwroot$\MyWebForm radio button selected on dialog
> box
> What is the wwroot$ share???. Thats appears to be a windows 2000 hidden
> share, does that exist in Windows 2003 server, I cant seem to find it if
it
> does..
>
> SO, I shared out the c:\inetpub\wwroot folder on the server as wwroot and
> give myself full control along with administrators.
> Then I typed in
> retry with path \\server\wwroot\MyWebForm radio button selected on dialog
> box and hit enter. It created web, but with error:
> Web was created, but application root could not be set. Reason: Active
> directory services cannot find web server. Possible incompatable IIS
version
> between IIS server and client..?? I am running XP Prof and windows 2003
> server, will this work together???
> Whats going on?? This should be a simple example?? Please Help..
> Thanks KT

5 Answers

creosote

On May 21, 8:38 am, "Obama? Ohhh Pleeeeze" <obamam...@messiah.org>
wrote:
> "Amanda Williams" <p...@fu.com> wrote in message

> > "Obama?  Ohhh Pleeeeze" <obamam...@messiah.org> allegedly said in
>
> >> on this NG. That aint nothing  like the cheering they will see
> >> whenKennedy turns Tits up ! ROFLAMO !
>
> > Hey EMU,
>
> > We are STILL cheering.....
> >=================
>
> Not as loud as we will be when another dead Kennedy makes the Obits.

Somebody ought to get a bead on YOUR dumb redneck ass. Just so you
can see what it feels like, shitlick.

creosote

On May 21, 11:29 am, "Gandalf Grey" <valino...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Babs? Ohhh Pleeeeze" <obamam...@messiah.org> wrote in messagenews:e4ydnUf4Np_F-6nVnZ2dnUVZ_g6dnZ2d@comcast.com...
>
> > "creosote" <Jaggedri...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > On May 21, 8:38 am, "Obama?  Ohhh Pleeeeze" <obamam...@messiah.org>
>
> > Fucking GOPmaggot Underground scum!
>
> http://www.freerepublic.co...

What the fuck are YOU on about? Enough of this bullshit, already.

lc

> >> Falwell
>
> > You must love Rev Moon
>
> use logic

Falwell logic?

On May 23, 1:26 pm, Barack Chamberlain <Wu...@Dems.com> wrote:
> With Barney the Dinosaur as a mentor, "Dr. Romulus" <lol7...@msn.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> Falwell
>
> > You must love Rev Moon
>
> Here's a toughie for you. Walk us through how you came to that
> conclusion? And to make it challenging, use logic.
> -
>
> Diplomacy: Obama is the only major candidate who
> supports tough, direct presidential diplomacy with
> Iran without preconditions.
>
> http://www.barackobama.com/issues/fore...

bvallely

Just out of curiosity, where does a member of "The Dead Kennedys" get
off accusing someone else of insensitivity? After all, what's the
name of the band?

lc

It's all about free speech, even the baby name calling games.
Here's a place you can state an opinion or ask your questions:
http://thephoenix.com/onthedownload/2008/05/22/ExclusiveJelloBiafraRespondsToMichaelSavagesDeadTedKennedy...

or...pick up some of Jello's Spoken Word Releases
the Dead Kennedy's were a punk band, shocking name?
Like Michael Savage is a shocking name for Michael Weiner.