Cannot access web service on secure web site

Chris.Clement@gunter.af.mil

8/11/2003 8:31:00 PM

I am getting the error below when SSL is enable on our web server. If I
turn SSL off, then it works fine. I searched Google and find several
references to client certificates, but we are not using them. Any help is
greatly appreciated.

"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust
relationship with remote server.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was
closed: Could not establish trust relationship with remote server.

Source Error:

Line 36:
[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("https://server/s
t/WebServices/PhoneFind/GetService",
RequestNamespace="https://server/st/WebServices/PhoneFind/",
ResponseNamespace="https://server/st/WebServices/PhoneFind/",
Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Wrapped)]
Line 37: public object[] GetService() {
Line 38: object[] results = this.Invoke("GetService", new
object[0]);
Line 39: return ((object[])(results[0]));
Line 40: }

Source File: \\server\wwwroot$\site\Web
References\com.server.www\Reference.cs Line: 38 "

2 Answers

Marina

What is the URL that the proxy is using to connect to the web service?

"Chris Clement" <chris.clement@gunter.af.mil> wrote in message
> I am getting the error below when SSL is enable on our web server. If I
> turn SSL off, then it works fine. I searched Google and find several
> references to client certificates, but we are not using them. Any help is
> greatly appreciated.
>

> "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust
> relationship with remote server.
>
> Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was
> closed: Could not establish trust relationship with remote server.
>
> Source Error:
>

> Line 36:

[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("https://server/s
> t/WebServices/PhoneFind/GetService",
> RequestNamespace="https://server/st/WebServices/PhoneFind/",
> ResponseNamespace="https://server/st/WebServices/PhoneFind/",
> Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
> ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Wrapped)]
> Line 37: public object[] GetService() {
> Line 38: object[] results = this.Invoke("GetService", new
> object[0]);
> Line 39: return ((object[])(results[0]));
> Line 40: }
>

> Source File: \\server\wwwroot$\site\Web
> References\com.server.www\Reference.cs Line: 38 "

Chris.Clement@gunter.af.mil

Just our internal proxy address that we use. Why?