ANN: open source web project SCCBridge

Arthur Nesterovsky

8/10/2003 10:06:00 AM

Hello,

I'm glad to announce that first fully functional version of
"RepositoryExplorer"
is released. This is open source .NET GUI application that allows to access
to remote version control systems (VCS) like SourceSafe. Actually this
application
is a client part of SCCBridge web project.

The whole project includes:
- .NET web service "BridgeServer", which provides access to the VCS;
- two libraries: one of them is the server-side library, which provides
direct access
to the VCS, another one is the client-side library that can be used in
your
applications to remote access to VCS;
- .NET console application, which can be also used as a building tool
with ability
to access to VCS (so, you can build your applications right from
SourceSafe e.g.);
- .NET GUI application, which allows to visually manipulate remote
repository.

The SCCBridge project is implemented as an open sources project, so feel
free to
download it from my home page.

From sources you can study how to communicate with SourceSafe, how to
upload/download
files using DIME, how to compress files to increase uploading speed, how to
create client
applications and so on. Besides sources, this is just useful freeware tool.

Read more about project and its future at my home page (address see below),
or directly here: http://www.nesterovsk.../html/css2/SCC...

P.S. I'll be glad to receive a feedback and will answer to any questions
concerning the project.
______________________________
With best wishes, Arthur Nesterovsky
Please visit my home page:
http://www.nesterovsk...

4 Answers

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

<Zomby-Woof@cox.net> wrote in message...

> "David Morgan \(MAMS\)" <findme@m-a-m-s.comC/Odm> wrote:

> >"Carol Wesley" <carol@etherzone.com> wrote in message ...

> >> Families, women, and children are
> >> all part of the support, and should be targeted for elimination.

> >Remember that if a *real* war comes to America.

> I think a "Real War" did come to America killing numerous so-called
> Non-Combatants.

The last time anything similar to a real war came to America, it was the Civil War.

An act of 'terrorism' is just that, nothing more.

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed,
if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."
-- Mark Twain

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

<Zomby-Woof@cox.net> wrote in message...

> All those people dancing
> in the streets & tearing down statues of Saddam weren't doing so
> because they were pissed at us (yet).

Surely you are aware that the entire scenario of the toppling of the
Saddam statue was a U.S. staged PR ploy. (?)

> Not the Secret Police, but the average everyday Iraqi. Each male head
> of household was allowed to retain one fully Automatic AK-47 as to not
> affect their self-image.

Too bad the same thing can't be said for the USA. Given that point,
this little piece of information is quite new to me and I consider it more
than just unacceptable.... but not as unacceptable as the USA's invasion
and occupation itself.

"The moment war is declared... the mass of the people, through
some spiritual alchemy, become convinced that they have willed
and executed the deed themselves. They then, with the exception
of a few malcontents, proceed to allow themselves to be regimented,
coerced, deranged in all the environments of their lives, and turned
into a solid manufactory of destruction toward whatever other people
may have, in the appointed scheme of things, come within the range
of the Government's disapprobation...

-- Randolph Bourne, "The State", 1918

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Jack Linthicum" <jacklinthicum@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On May 20, 8:20 pm, Andrew Swallow <am.swal...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> > David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >

> > > Why the hell we disbanded the police department I'll never figure out.
> > > That set us back at least three years.

> > Simple the large scale looting of Iraq by Iraqis after the war whilst
> > the police still exists show that the police were not interested in
> > stopping crime. The USA could not trust the secret police.
> >
> > Now failing to take their weapons away was a bad idea.
> >
> > Andrew Swallow

> Testimony at the time of the looting suggested that much of it was
> organized, with "shopping lists" of items to be looted.
>
> http://www.cronaca.com/archives/0...

Invading armies throughout the entire course of history have always
attempted to destroy the libraries and the history which binds the
the occupied people together, thus removing future threats as well
as demoralizing the immediate populace.

"A society whose citizens refuse to see and investigate the
facts, who refuse to believe that their government and their
media will routinely lie to them and fabricate a reality
contrary to verifiable facts, is a society that chooses and
deserves the Police State Dictatorship it's going to get."

-- Ian Williams Goddard

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Jack Linthicum" <jacklinthicum@earthlink.net> wrote in message...

> "David Morgan \(MAMS\)" <fin...@m-a-m-s.comC/Odm> wrote:

> > <Zomby-W...@cox.net> wrote in message...

> > > I think a "Real War" did come to America killing numerous so-called
> > > Non-Combatants.

> > The last time anything similar to a real war came to America, it was the Civil War.
> >
> > An act of 'terrorism' is just that, nothing more.

> I kind of remember an event in late 1941 where some civilians got
> killed in America.

Pearl Harbor.... but the point remains, that "war" never actually
came to American shores. The likelihood of this now occurring
has reached tall proportion.

I understand Carol's point, and the points about 'collateral damage'....
I just think it's a little self-serving.

Lest we not forget that 9/11 was the Neo-Con's, "New Pearl Harbor."
(Quoted from the 'Project For A New American Century').

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean
to stand by the president or any other public official, save
exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country.
It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the
country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent
that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by
the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth,
whether about the president or anyone else"

-- Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States