RE: Web methods fields not showing up

Marcelo

8/8/2003 3:04:00 PM

Here are the results of my tests:

(1) Calling the WSs from another PC has the same
results... no form fields.

(2a) On one server, I tried the aspnet_regiis.exe
(followed by a restart of iis) and the problem remains.

(2b) On another server, I also tried regsvr32 per the
Microsoft link (followed by a restart of iis) and the
problem remains.

Not sure what else to do at this point.

problem is stil there. If not, then there is something
wrong with the IE.
>2) If it still exists, please run aspnet_regiis.exe -i
to reinstall asp.net on the system.
>http://support.microsoft.com/...
>3) Could you call the web method successfully in a
simple web service client application?

>Please post here if you have any more concerns.
>
>Best regards,
>Yanhong Huang
>Microsoft Online Partner Support
>
>Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
confers no rights.

>--------------------
>!From: "Marcelo" <mareal@remember.com>
>!Sender: "Marcelo" <mareal@remember.com>
>!Subject: Web methods fields not showing up
>!Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:19:10 -0700
>!Newsgroups:
>!IE) the list of web methods shows up correctly but when
>!click a specific web method the text boxes don't show
up.
>!
>!We are running .NET Framework 1.1
>!
>!Any ideas?
>!
>!Thanks in advance.
>!
>

>.

2 Answers

Dino Chiesa [MSFT]

This is a "secure by default" setting.
It was originally turned on in .NET FW 1.0, but I beieve disabled in v1.1.

To re-enable it, you need to change your machine.config or web.config to
include something like:

<system.web>
<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPostLocalhost" />

</protocols>
</webServices>
</system.web>

Consult the doc for an explanation of what these things do. short story is:
HttpPost allows the forms to work from any machine. HttpPostLocalhost
allows it only from your local machine.

"Marcelo" <mareal@remember.com> wrote in message
> Here are the results of my tests:
>
> (1) Calling the WSs from another PC has the same
> results... no form fields.
>
> (2a) On one server, I tried the aspnet_regiis.exe
> (followed by a restart of iis) and the problem remains.
>
> (2b) On another server, I also tried regsvr32 per the
> Microsoft link (followed by a restart of iis) and the
> problem remains.
>
> Not sure what else to do at this point.

yhhuang

Hello Marcelo,

Dino is right here. Please change the setting to see if it resolves the
problem.

For details, please refer to "INFO: HTTP GET and HTTP POST Are Disabled by
Default"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
!From: "Marcelo" <mareal@remember.com>
!Sender: "Marcelo" <mareal@remember.com>
!Subject: RE: Web methods fields not showing up
!Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 08:03:55 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
!
[...]
!>
!>Please post here if you have any more concerns.
!>
!>Best regards,
!>Yanhong Huang
!>Microsoft Online Partner Support
!>
!>Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
!>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
!confers no rights.
!>
!>--------------------
!>!From: "Marcelo" <mareal@remember.com>
!>!Sender: "Marcelo" <mareal@remember.com>
!>!Subject: Web methods fields not showing up
!>!Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:19:10 -0700
!>!Newsgroups:
!microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
!>!
!>!We did build a new web server and we installed the Web
!>!Services we had. Every time I call the asmx page (thru
!a
!>!IE) the list of web methods shows up correctly but when
!I
!>!click a specific web method the text boxes don't show
!up.
!>!
!>!We are running .NET Framework 1.1
!>!