microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

Cache User Control in Web Part

Ryan

11/29/2006 10:16:00 PM

Hello everyone,

What is the best way to cache a 2.0 web part?

I tried putting output cache on the user control in the part, but the
output cache cannot be wrapped by a generic web part . . . any ideas?

I'm new to caching to begin with and I am at a loss. Because of the
control, data caching wouldn't really be a good option. Maybe if I get
the rendered html code from the control, put that in cache, then render
that in a literal control . . . that seems a little silly (if it would
even work).

Thanks for any advice,
Ryan