microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

Poor quality GIF image after quantization.

bns

Am integrating quantization technique (OctreeQuantizer.cs, Quantizer.cs) in
my image processing assembly component which is a C# library application.
Only modification I did was the code [StructLayout( LayoutKind.Explicit) ]
is replaced to [StructLayout( LayoutKind.Auto )] and removed all FieldOffset
inside the Color32 structure. This is needed because I want to avoid the
following warning message which will appear while exporting above c#
assembly into COM .tlb file.

Type library exporter warning processing 'Color32, ImageCompression'.
Warning: The type has explicit layout, and has been exported as an empty
record. Types with explicit layout can only be properly exported if all
members have an offset of 0 (a union).

After processing the GIF image the quality of the image is poor, especially
those images having text. Please tell me how to improve the quality after
processing the image..? The OctreeQuantizer.cs, Quantizer.cs code is
available in the following URL:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/colo...

Thanks in advance,

bns