Pedro García Segura

8/5/2003 9:28:00 PM

Hello,

I need to program a java applet that gets data from a .NET SOAP service.
The problem is that the data must be refreshed in real time, and as far as I
know all I can do with SOAP is send messages from the applet to the web
service (that works, no problem) and recieve an answer to the request from
the server. But in order to get the data in realtime I'd have to query the
server constantly to check for updates. Is there a way to listen to the web
service for the data without sending requests? Something like an event
channel, where I can subscribe to a channel an recieve the updates...

I'd really appreciate some help, and if possible a link to a tutorial or
article, etc. Thanks a lot!

Pedro Segura

1 Answer

Pedro García Segura

No ideas? Please tell me what you think, I'm a little lost. Thanks!