Re: Errors deploying my new aspnet web forms

Dominic Paz

8/5/2003 7:47:00 PM

I've done this but it still won't work. Is there something else that can be
wrong?
Thanks,
Dominic

"Marina" <zlatkinam@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You need to copy the DLL in the bin directory to the server. That is where
> all your codebehind code gets compiled to. If it can't find the code it
> needs to run - it gives you an error.
>
> "Dominic Paz" <crash@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I just started learning about webservices through a new internship I
> > just got and Im running into some problems trying to get my Web Forms to
> run
> > on the server. I finally got the people on the server side to get up to
> > date with their ASP and IIS versions. And I have gotten a simple Web
Form
> > with a label to run on the server ... so it seems like they are capable
of
> > serving my project.
> > But now that I have my big project finished, consisting of several
> > forms, containing custom controls (which is much more complicated than
the
> > files I was using to test the server), I am getting errors from the
server
> > when I try to run it through the site. I don't get any errors when I
run
> it
> > on my local host. In fact, every application I have tried runs fine on
my
> > local host, and does not run at all on my ISP's server.
> > Sometimes I will get a run time error telling me that I cannot view
> the
> > actual error because it isn't local, but if I fix that problem so that I
> can
> > see the real error I get a parse error that looks like this:
> > Server Error in '/' Application.

> > ----
> >
> > Parser Error
> > service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
> > details and modify your source file appropriately.
> >
> > Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'CBS.Login'.
> >
> > Source Error:
> >
> > Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
> > Codebehind="Login.aspx.vb" Inherits="CBS.Login"%>Line 2: <%@ Register
> > TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="BkgHeader" Src="BkgHeader.ascx" %>Line 3: <%@
> > Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="BkgContactInfo"
> Src="BkgContactInfo.ascx"
> > %>
> >

> > Source File: C:\Public\Domains\bikealog.com\Public_HTML\cbs\login.aspx
> > Line: 1

> > ----
> >
> > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.209;
> ASP.NET
> > Version:1.0.3705.272
> >

> > Now, is this a problem that I need to have my ISP resolve, or is
there
> > something that I can do to fix this?
> >

> > Thanks so much for any advice you can give me,
> >

> > Dominic

2 Answers

Marina

No, that's pretty much the only thing I can think of that will cause that
particular error.

The .dll has to be in the bin directory on the server.

<%@
> > > Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="BkgContactInfo"
> > Src="BkgContactInfo.ascx"
> > > %>
> > >

> > > Source File: C:\Public\Domains\bikealog.com\Public_HTML\cbs\login.aspx
> > > Line: 1

> > --
> > > ----
> > >
> > > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.209;
> > ASP.NET
> > > Version:1.0.3705.272
> > >

> > > Now, is this a problem that I need to have my ISP resolve, or is
> there
> > > something that I can do to fix this?
> > >

> > > Thanks so much for any advice you can give me,
> > >

> > > Dominic

wpeenz

> No, that's pretty much the only thing I can think of that will cause that
> particular error.
>
> The .dll has to be in the bin directory on the server.
NB. Be sure that the bin directory is in the root of you web application.