Steve Bugden

I'm just wondering if it is possible to create an image from RTF formatted
text?

If it isn't possible, is there anyway of determining the height of an rtf
string for a given width? I have the text in a richtextbox control and would
like to set the height so that all of the text is displayed.

Thanks,

Steve.
1 Answer

tommy.carlier

Steve Bugden <SteveBugden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<E25590D1-4E71-47D2-B8C0-04441ABFFDFC@microsoft.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering if it is possible to create an image from RTF formatted
> text?
>
> If it isn't possible, is there anyway of determining the height of an rtf
> string for a given width? I have the text in a richtextbox control and would
> like to set the height so that all of the text is displayed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve.

I don't know how to create an image from RTF, but I do know how to get
the height for a given width. The RichTextBox control has an event
ContentsResized, that is called when the size of the content changes.
The event has an argument of type ContentsResizedEventArgs, that has a
property NewRectangle of type rectangle.

// myRTB is the RichTextBox

myRTB.ContentsResized += new
ContentsResizedEventHandler(myRTB_ContentsResized);

private void myRTB_ContentsResized(object sender,
ContentsResizedEventArgs e)
{
int height = e.NewRectangle.Height; // the new height
}