Sharon_a

6/18/2006 9:01:00 AM

Hello,
I'm using VS2005 to develope WAP application.
I have a calendar control and textbox on the same page.
I enter text to the textbox.
And then I press the calendar link to change the date.
When I return to the page the textbox value disappear.
The ViewState for the controls is true.

If I put a command on the page and press the command, the value of the text
box is not disappears.

Is that a known bug?
Does anyone have a solution for that?

Thanks,
Sharon.
4 Answers

wawang

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your post.

Based on my understanding, you are using ASP.NET 2.0 Mobile WebForm and
having issue about losing content of textbox on postback caused by Calendar
control. But this issue doesn't occur if the postback is caused by a
CommandButton. If I've misunderstood anything, please feel free to post
here.

I've done some test on my box and wasn't able to reproduce the issue here.
Could you please telling me about this? Having a repro sample code would
make it more quicker for us to solve this issue. Thank you for your
understanding and effort.

Regards,
Walter Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Sharon_a

I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with Mobile WebForm.
I build a new Mobile Web project.
Add new Mobile Web Form.
Add TextBox to the form
Add Calendar to the form
Add Command to the form.

I'm running the project and open the WebForm from a Mobile device
"Nokia S40 emulator".

I get the three controls on the device.
I enter text into the TextBox, and then open the calendar link, select a
date and return to the form.
The text on the TextBox disappear.
If I enter text and press the command button, the text stays.

The problem does not happends if I open the page with a internet explorer on
my PC.

Thanks ,
Sharon

"Walter Wang [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Sharon,
>
> Thank you for your post.
>
> Based on my understanding, you are using ASP.NET 2.0 Mobile WebForm and
> having issue about losing content of textbox on postback caused by Calendar
> control. But this issue doesn't occur if the postback is caused by a
> CommandButton. If I've misunderstood anything, please feel free to post
> here.
>
> I've done some test on my box and wasn't able to reproduce the issue here.
> Could you please telling me about this? Having a repro sample code would
> make it more quicker for us to solve this issue. Thank you for your
> understanding and effort.
>

> Regards,
> Walter Wang
> Microsoft Online Community Support

wawang

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your update.

It looks likely an issue of the client browser. I'm currently consulting
our internal dev team to verify if the device is supported or not. In the
meanwhile, you might ask in Nokia's forum
(http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum...) to see if anyone can
help on this.

Regards,
Walter Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support

wawang

Hi Sharon,

You can download and use the Device Profiling Tool to profile and create a
..browser file for the device. That should at least let ASP.NET use the
correct capabilities when rendering to the device.

#ASP.NET Device Profiling Tool
http://asp.net/sandbox/app_devprof.asp...

The device profiling tool contains a self-explanatory wizard that walks
through the steps of running profiling scripts on a mobile device and then
recording the results in the wizard. Once you have profiled a device, you
can download a device configuration file that can easily be inserted into
the Machine.config or Web.config file. For a detailed description of how to
use this tool, see the Help section.

Important Note: Profiling a device using this Software does not guarantee
that the device will support ASP.NET mobile controls.

Please kindly update me whether or not this solves your problem. Thanks.