open an asmx file brings up a dialog for download

Raju

8/4/2003 6:39:00 PM

I installed .Net Framework sdk and redistibutable and
visual studio.net on my machine. and I created a web
service. I built the solution and I compiled it and I
tried open that asmx page in the browser.then It brings up
a dialog for downloading instead of showing the methods of
web service...

Can somebody help me to solve this problem.....

Regards
Raju
1 Answer

jamesche

Raju,

Try re-registering ASP.NET on the machine by running the following from a
VS.NET command prompt:

aspnet_regiis -i

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
Developer Support