steven scaife

9/27/2006 4:27:00 PM

I am tring to use the httpresponse.RemoveOutputCacheItem but i keep getting
the error

Invalid path for HttpResponse.RemoveOutputCacheItem '~/products.aspx'. An
absolute virtual path is expected.

I have tried HttpResponse.RemoveOutputCacheItem("~/products.aspx")
HttpResponse.RemoveOutputCacheItem("../products.aspx")
HttpResponse.RemoveOutputCacheItem("virtualdirectoryname/products.aspx")
HttpResponse.RemoveOutputCacheItem("the full url")

everyone gives off the same error.

I have used caching on a page but when a new product is added to the
database i want to clear the page from the cache. The page used to update
the database is in a folder called updates inside of the root directory.

What syntax should i be using, or what should i get the ISP to enable on the
web server to allow me to be able to use this function

TIA