mboizeau

11/25/2004 2:33:00 PM

Here is a C# code to draw a Mandelbrot set:
http://oraclevsmicrosoft.blogspot.com/2004/11/mandelbrot...

Hope this help

OracleVsMicrosoft
3 Answers

Morten Wennevik [C# MVP]

Your code is lacking some crucial bits of code, mainly most of the tracing
algorithm.
The page also seems to find Visual Studio necessary to write windows
appliations, which is wrong as you only need a computer with .net
framework installed (and notepad). There are free editors around that
might be easier to write code in than notepad.

--
Happy Coding!
Morten Wennevik [C# MVP]

oraclevsmicrosft

Thank you for the feed back.
First of all, I will post ASAP the complete source code.Next I'll try to
improve this article. But using Visual studio is a part of it and you
can't understand it without using this tool.

Ok, of course you can build .net Windows applications with notepad and a
compiler (you can with nearly every platform ) . But most of the time this
is not practical.
For instance my complex number class could be reasonably build without any
IDE. The complete project could too, but only could.
Also, I didn't want to talk, at this time about event handling or controls
and my article seemed to become too long.
I also think VS .net is a good tool when you want to work with the .net
framework. For instance I try borland 'IDE for .net and I prefer VS.

Thank you again

Happy Coding too!

OracleVsmicrosoft

you may want post other comment on:
http://oraclevsmicrosoft.bl...

"Morten Wennevik" <MortenWennevik@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: opsh075bp4klbvpo@pbn_computer...
> Hi,
>
> Your code is lacking some crucial bits of code, mainly most of the tracing
> algorithm.
> The page also seems to find Visual Studio necessary to write windows
> appliations, which is wrong as you only need a computer with .net
> framework installed (and notepad). There are free editors around that
> might be easier to write code in than notepad.
>

> On 25 Nov 2004 06:33:18 -0800, oraclevsmicrosoft <mboizeau@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Here is a C# code to draw a Mandelbrot set:
> > http://oraclevsmicrosoft.bl.../2004/11/mandelbrot-in-c.html
> >
> > Hope this help
> >
> > OracleVsMicrosoft
>
> --
> Happy Coding!
> Morten Wennevik [C# MVP]

mboizeau

Hi Morten, just to please you:

- I posted the complete sources here:
http://oraclevsmicrosoft.bl.../2004/11/mandelbrot-in-c-so...

-You are right build windows application on the .Net platform
without Visual Studio is pretty much easyier than I use to think.

hope this help .

http://oraclevsmicrosoft.bl...