Re: Response.Redirect in Soap Extension

Eric

7/31/2003 11:26:00 PM

Just out of curiosity, Is this a web service? If so, why would you be
redirecting the call to a page? The client would not be expecting that and
via soap specs a SoapFault should be returned or some other agreed upon
return code.

--
Kevin Cunningham
Software Architects, Inc.
"VSK" <vskacct@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Iam using SoapExtension to check the Exception and log i into Database.
>
> After logging it into database i want to redirect the user to a
userfriendly
> page.This user friendly page has to fetch errorid and some other info from
> session and display it.
> After this the excution must terminate.
>
> Please let me know if there is there any way to do it........
>
> I have tried the below bur it is not working
> System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.Redirect("/DummyPage.aspx");
>
> System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.End();
>
> Thanks
> VSK

1 Answer

VSK

Hi

the necessity for redirection is, i wanted to terminate the execution after
the error is logged into database(which am doing in SoapExtension)

once the error is logged into the database i will get the error id which i
have to send to the client browser.(so that client can refer to id and we
can solve that particular problem.).

i was planning to use session between webservice and webforms layer , then
there is tight coupling.
so i was checking out after logging it into database in SoapExtension can i
redirect it to .aspx page with errorid as querystring?

is there any other way?

can i append the errorid somewhere????!!!! so that i can access in web
forms.

if i didn't had the requirement of showing errorid life would have been
simple.
How!!!.. Soapexceptions r handled in SoapExtension ans i will configure
web,config to show default error page.

Please let me know if uhave any other ideas...
that will be of gr8 help

Thanks
VSK

FYI:
our architecture is
Our Architecture:
ASP..NET and IIS in 1 box
Webservices and Business components in another box
and DB in another box.
we try to access the business components using Webservices..