mobile website goes to login page but not further

SJ

4/18/2006 7:11:00 PM

I have a mobile web application running on a server at work. There is a
strange thing happening though:
1) I can access and login to my mobile web app from any internet browser.
(good thing).
2) I can access and login to my mobile web app from any Palm Treo web
browser. (good thing).
3) When I use a regular mobile phone (samsung/motorola...etc) and load up my
website on the browser, it takes me to the login page. Now, when I enter my
username and password, it doesn't move forward. After about 5 mins it comes
back with a "Data server unavailable" error.

Now why would my web app work on the Treo and not on ANY other mobile phone?

Btw, I installed the exact same webapp on another server (on a different
network) and tried the above phones and it works just fine. So I know its
not a carrier signal issue.

Any ideas?

thanks,
-SJ