microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

ASP.NET and cache - just want to be sure

SCG

[sorry if this sounds familiar but just want ot be sure]

I have had a site running for 6 months now. This morning I started observing
the following behaviour pretty much out of the blue:

I load a blob of XML into the ASP.NET cache with a timeout of 15 mins, and a
callback set up to log the unload of the data.

Immediately (the same second), my callback gets driven with a reason code of
"Underused", which implies that ASP.NET is feeling memory-challenged.

But, Task Manager suggests that only 800Mb is being used out of 1Gb, and
nothing else (SQl Server etc.) seems to have reserved the extra 200Mb
memory.

Why is ASP.NET immediately throwing out my newly cached 200 bytes of data?

Is there any other setting I could be tweaking / monitoring to help tell me
why?

Thanks for any help.