microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

Problem creating CacheDependencies

Daniel

I experiencing problems when i create cache dependencies for objects I wish
to add to my web cache. Essentially I have a network directory with a number
of subdirectories. My application creates objects which represents the data
held in these subdirectories. I am creating a CacheDependency for each
object over the objects subdirectory. After i create a certain number of
dependencies (seems in my case to be 48) I get an AccessViolationExcepton -
Attempted to read or write protected memory, a partial stack trace of the
exception is at the end of this post. When i copy the entire netork
directory contents to my local machine I can create the Cache dependencies
with no problems.

I am creating a cache dependency for each subdirectory because reading and
interpreting the data contained in the subdirectory is a costly operation.

I have tried creating a newtork drive map as well as using the UNC path.

I have tried using a vairety of operating systems, (Windows xp, Windows
2000, Windows 2003) for the network share, all with the same results.

at System.Web.UnsafeNativeMethods.RaiseFileMonitoringEventlogEvent(String
eventInfo, String path, String appVirtualPath, Int32 hr)
at System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.CreateFileMonitoringException(Int32 hr,
String path)
at System.Web.DirMonCompletion..ctor(DirectoryMonitor dirMon, String dir,
Boolean watchSubtree, UInt32 notifyFilter)
at System.Web.DirectoryMonitor.StartMonitoring()
at System.Web.DirectoryMonitor.StartMonitoringFile(String file,
FileChangeEventHandler callback, String alias)
at System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.StartMonitoringPath(String alias,
FileChangeEventHandler callback, FileAttributesData& fad)
at System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency.Init(Boolean isPublic, String[]
filenamesArg, String[] cachekeysArg, CacheDependency dependency, DateTime
utcStart)
at System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency..ctor(String filename, DateTime
start)
at System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency..ctor(String filename)

Regards,
Daniel