Arthur Nesterovsky

> Is there anyway I could build an Isapi filter to do the encoding ?
> Should I just give up with Microshaft and move to Java ?

You no need to be so tragic,
you can stay with MS and use Java in some parts of your .NET project.
There is such thing as J#. Use it.
______________________________
With best wishes, Arthur Nesterovsky
Please visit my home page:
http://www.nesterovsk...

3 Answers

Dave Beauchemin [MVP]

I don't believe Simon was referring to J#, but rather, to Java.

J# is Microsoft's flavor of Java for the .NET Framework, and is not
compliant (not is it meant to be) with the Sun Java specification.
--

Dave Beauchemin
Microsoft MVP, MCP

"Arthur Nesterovsky" <arthur@nesterovsky-bros.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> > Is there anyway I could build an Isapi filter to do the encoding ?
> > Should I just give up with Microshaft and move to Java ?
>
> You no need to be so tragic,
> you can stay with MS and use Java in some parts of your .NET project.
> There is such thing as J#. Use it.
> ______________________________
> With best wishes, Arthur Nesterovsky
> Please visit my home page:
> http://www.nesterovsk...

Arthur Nesterovsky

> Thanks for the reply :)
>
> How would the use of J# facilitate MIME Encoding within webservices ?

I'm not sure, but you can try to use Apache AXIS.
They used SOAP with MIME attachments.

> Am I missing something - If you have some examples I'd really like to
> see them :)

Actually I've emulated in C# SOAP with MIME attachments for specific
web service in one of my projects. I've implemented messages
according to W3C specification (http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-a...)
using of CDO for Windows 2000. But this was non usual case,
so, I don't think that it helps to you.
______________________________
With best wishes, Arthur Nesterovsky
Please visit my home page:
http://www.nesterovsk...

Arthur Nesterovsky

> How did you manage to get a MIME encoded message past .NET webservices
> and out onto the HTTP wire ?

You have to either implement filtres or to create message manually.

> errrmmmmm whats CDO ?

Take a look at "Collaborative Data Objects Messaging (CDO) API"
topic in MSDN. You can add it to References of your project from "COM" tab.
Just select "Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000 library".

--