microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

ANN: Bob Powell's Beginners Guide to GDI+

Bob Powell

11/23/2004 3:52:00 PM

Many of you use the GDI+ FAQ or Windows Forms Tips and Tricks site every
day. There are also hundreds of people who have mailed me asking for a
totally basic beginners guide that assumes minimal knowledge of .NET to get
started.

Beginners Guide to GDI+.

The guide is an on-going work and will be updated frequently. If you're
interested in recieving notifications about new articles there is an RSS
feed associated with the site.

Code for the articles are in Visual Basic.NET and C#. You can choose the
flavour as you read.

If you know anyone at your work, school or university who might be
interested in this free, no-strings attached service please be sure to pass
this URL along.

http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...

To subscribe to the RSS feed associated with this service use:

http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...

--
Bob Powell [MVP]
Visual C#, System.Drawing

Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...

Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
http://www.bobpowell.net/f...

All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.

12 Answers

Rahul Kumar

Refresh feed 'News\Technology\Blogs\www.bobpowell.net' failed with error:
The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

--
Rahul Kumar
http://dotnetyogi.bl...

"Bob Powell [MVP]" <bob@_spamkiller_bobpowell.net> wrote in message
> Many of you use the GDI+ FAQ or Windows Forms Tips and Tricks site every
> day. There are also hundreds of people who have mailed me asking for a
> totally basic beginners guide that assumes minimal knowledge of .NET to
get
> started.

> Beginners Guide to GDI+.
>
> The guide is an on-going work and will be updated frequently. If you're
> interested in recieving notifications about new articles there is an RSS
> feed associated with the site.
>
> Code for the articles are in Visual Basic.NET and C#. You can choose the
> flavour as you read.
>
> If you know anyone at your work, school or university who might be
> interested in this free, no-strings attached service please be sure to
pass
> this URL along.
>
> http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
>
> To subscribe to the RSS feed associated with this service use:
>
> http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
>

> --
> Bob Powell [MVP]
> Visual C#, System.Drawing
>
> Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
> http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...
>
> Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
> http://www.bobpowell.net/f...
>
> All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
> Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.

Bob Powell

Works for me using RSS bandit.

--

"Rahul Kumar" <rahul.kumar.remove_it@sage.remove_it.com> wrote in message
> Refresh feed 'News\Technology\Blogs\www.bobpowell.net' failed with error:
> The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
>
> --
> Rahul Kumar
> http://dotnetyogi.bl...
> This message is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
> Any opinions or policies stated within it are my own and do not
necessarily
> constitute those of my employer.
>
> "Bob Powell [MVP]" <bob@_spamkiller_bobpowell.net> wrote in message
> > Many of you use the GDI+ FAQ or Windows Forms Tips and Tricks site every
> > day. There are also hundreds of people who have mailed me asking for a
> > totally basic beginners guide that assumes minimal knowledge of .NET to
> get
> > started.

The
> > Beginners Guide to GDI+.
> >
> > The guide is an on-going work and will be updated frequently. If you're
> > interested in recieving notifications about new articles there is an RSS
> > feed associated with the site.
> >
> > Code for the articles are in Visual Basic.NET and C#. You can choose the
> > flavour as you read.
> >
> > If you know anyone at your work, school or university who might be
> > interested in this free, no-strings attached service please be sure to
> pass
> > this URL along.
> >
> > http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
> >
> > To subscribe to the RSS feed associated with this service use:
> >
> > http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
> >

> > --
> > Bob Powell [MVP]
> > Visual C#, System.Drawing
> >
> > Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
> > http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...
> >
> > Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
> > http://www.bobpowell.net/f...
> >
> > All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
> > Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.

Stu Smith

> Works for me using RSS bandit.

Also works fine on Sauce Reader.

> --
> Bob Powell [MVP]
> Visual C#, System.Drawing
>
> Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
> http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...
>
> Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
> http://www.bobpowell.net/f...
>
> All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
> Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.
>

> "Rahul Kumar" <rahul.kumar.remove_it@sage.remove_it.com> wrote in message
> > Refresh feed 'News\Technology\Blogs\www.bobpowell.net' failed with
error:
> > The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication
Required.

> > --
> > Rahul Kumar
> > http://dotnetyogi.bl...
> > This message is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> > Any opinions or policies stated within it are my own and do not
> necessarily
> > constitute those of my employer.
> >
> > "Bob Powell [MVP]" <bob@_spamkiller_bobpowell.net> wrote in message
> > > Many of you use the GDI+ FAQ or Windows Forms Tips and Tricks site
every
> > > day. There are also hundreds of people who have mailed me asking for a
> > > totally basic beginners guide that assumes minimal knowledge of .NET
> > get
> > > started.

> The
> > > Beginners Guide to GDI+.
> > >
> > > The guide is an on-going work and will be updated frequently. If
you're
> > > interested in recieving notifications about new articles there is an
RSS
> > > feed associated with the site.
> > >
> > > Code for the articles are in Visual Basic.NET and C#. You can choose
the
> > > flavour as you read.
> > >
> > > If you know anyone at your work, school or university who might be
> > > interested in this free, no-strings attached service please be sure to
> > pass
> > > this URL along.
> > >
> > > http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
> > >
> > > To subscribe to the RSS feed associated with this service use:
> > >
> > > http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
> > >

> > > --
> > > Bob Powell [MVP]
> > > Visual C#, System.Drawing
> > >
> > > Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
> > > http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...
> > >
> > > Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
> > > http://www.bobpowell.net/f...
> > >
> > > All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
> > > Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

Bob,

Why do you not use a Cookie, to set the default value in C# or VBNet.

Cor

"Bob Powell [MVP]" <bob@_spamkiller_bobpowell.net>

> Many of you use the GDI+ FAQ or Windows Forms Tips and Tricks site every
> day. There are also hundreds of people who have mailed me asking for a
> totally basic beginners guide that assumes minimal knowledge of .NET to
> get
> started.

> Beginners Guide to GDI+.
>
> The guide is an on-going work and will be updated frequently. If you're
> interested in recieving notifications about new articles there is an RSS
> feed associated with the site.
>
> Code for the articles are in Visual Basic.NET and C#. You can choose the
> flavour as you read.
>
> If you know anyone at your work, school or university who might be
> interested in this free, no-strings attached service please be sure to
> pass
> this URL along.
>
> http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
>
> To subscribe to the RSS feed associated with this service use:
>
> http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
>

> --
> Bob Powell [MVP]
> Visual C#, System.Drawing
>
> Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
> http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...
>
> Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
> http://www.bobpowell.net/f...
>
> All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
> Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.

Bob Powell

Great question. Eventually I will do so. Right now I want to keep the site
and it's content simple so I don't use ASP.

I'm busy training my son to take over the job of webmaster ;-) It'll be high
on his list of priorities.

--

"Cor Ligthert" <notmyfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message
> Bob,
>
> Why do you not use a Cookie, to set the default value in C# or VBNet.
>
> Cor
>
> "Bob Powell [MVP]" <bob@_spamkiller_bobpowell.net>
>
> > Many of you use the GDI+ FAQ or Windows Forms Tips and Tricks site every
> > day. There are also hundreds of people who have mailed me asking for a
> > totally basic beginners guide that assumes minimal knowledge of .NET to
> > get
> > started.

The
> > Beginners Guide to GDI+.
> >
> > The guide is an on-going work and will be updated frequently. If you're
> > interested in recieving notifications about new articles there is an RSS
> > feed associated with the site.
> >
> > Code for the articles are in Visual Basic.NET and C#. You can choose the
> > flavour as you read.
> >
> > If you know anyone at your work, school or university who might be
> > interested in this free, no-strings attached service please be sure to
> > pass
> > this URL along.
> >
> > http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
> >
> > To subscribe to the RSS feed associated with this service use:
> >
> > http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
> >

> > --
> > Bob Powell [MVP]
> > Visual C#, System.Drawing
> >
> > Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
> > http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...
> >
> > Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
> > http://www.bobpowell.net/f...
> >
> > All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
> > Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

Bob,

You do not need ASP for that, I will see if I can send it tomorrow to you.

What is no promish, because I did a while no JavaScript.

Is that email adres true?

Cor

> Great question. Eventually I will do so. Right now I want to keep the site
> and it's content simple so I don't use ASP.
>
> I'm busy training my son to take over the job of webmaster ;-) It'll be
> high
> on his list of priorities.
>
> --
> Bob Powell [MVP]
> Visual C#, System.Drawing
>
> Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
> http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...
>
> Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
> http://www.bobpowell.net/f...
>
> All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
> Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.
>

> "Cor Ligthert" <notmyfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message
>> Bob,
>>
>> Why do you not use a Cookie, to set the default value in C# or VBNet.
>>
>> Cor
>>
>> "Bob Powell [MVP]" <bob@_spamkiller_bobpowell.net>
>>
>> > Many of you use the GDI+ FAQ or Windows Forms Tips and Tricks site
>> > every
>> > day. There are also hundreds of people who have mailed me asking for a
>> > totally basic beginners guide that assumes minimal knowledge of .NET to
>> > get
>> > started.

> The
>> > Beginners Guide to GDI+.
>> >
>> > The guide is an on-going work and will be updated frequently. If you're
>> > interested in recieving notifications about new articles there is an
>> > RSS
>> > feed associated with the site.
>> >
>> > Code for the articles are in Visual Basic.NET and C#. You can choose
>> > the
>> > flavour as you read.
>> >
>> > If you know anyone at your work, school or university who might be
>> > interested in this free, no-strings attached service please be sure to
>> > pass
>> > this URL along.
>> >
>> > http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
>> >
>> > To subscribe to the RSS feed associated with this service use:
>> >
>> > http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
>> >

>> > --
>> > Bob Powell [MVP]
>> > Visual C#, System.Drawing
>> >
>> > Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
>> > http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...
>> >
>> > Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
>> > http://www.bobpowell.net/f...
>> >
>> > All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
>> > Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.

(Herfried K. Wagner [MVP])

"Cor Ligthert" <notmyfirstname@planet.nl> schrieb:
> You do not need ASP for that

All you need is a client that accepts cookies <g>.

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvp...

"CorLigthert"

Bob,

You do not need ASP for that, I will see if I can send it tomorrow to you.

What is no promish, because I did a while no JavaScript.

Is that email adres true?

Cor

> Great question. Eventually I will do so. Right now I want to keep the site
> and it's content simple so I don't use ASP.
>
> I'm busy training my son to take over the job of webmaster ;-) It'll be
> high
> on his list of priorities.
>
> --
> Bob Powell [MVP]
> Visual C#, System.Drawing
>
> Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
> http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...
>
> Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
> http://www.bobpowell.net/f...
>
> All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
> Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.
>

> "Cor Ligthert" <notmyfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message
>> Bob,
>>
>> Why do you not use a Cookie, to set the default value in C# or VBNet.
>>
>> Cor
>>
>> "Bob Powell [MVP]" <bob@_spamkiller_bobpowell.net>
>>
>> > Many of you use the GDI+ FAQ or Windows Forms Tips and Tricks site
>> > every
>> > day. There are also hundreds of people who have mailed me asking for a
>> > totally basic beginners guide that assumes minimal knowledge of .NET to
>> > get
>> > started.

> The
>> > Beginners Guide to GDI+.
>> >
>> > The guide is an on-going work and will be updated frequently. If you're
>> > interested in recieving notifications about new articles there is an
>> > RSS
>> > feed associated with the site.
>> >
>> > Code for the articles are in Visual Basic.NET and C#. You can choose
>> > the
>> > flavour as you read.
>> >
>> > If you know anyone at your work, school or university who might be
>> > interested in this free, no-strings attached service please be sure to
>> > pass
>> > this URL along.
>> >
>> > http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
>> >
>> > To subscribe to the RSS feed associated with this service use:
>> >
>> > http://www.bobpowell.net/beginn...
>> >

>> > --
>> > Bob Powell [MVP]
>> > Visual C#, System.Drawing
>> >
>> > Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks
>> > http://www.bobpowell.net/tips...
>> >
>> > Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
>> > http://www.bobpowell.net/f...
>> >
>> > All new articles provide code in C# and VB.NET.
>> > Subscribe to the RSS feeds provided and never miss a new article.

Posted using Community Server NewsReader, Alpha
Learn more at www.communityserver.org

"HerfriedK.Wagner[MVP]"

Learn more at www.communityserver.org

Bob Powell