Browse web project with emulator

Jed

3/29/2006 4:20:00 PM

I am pretty new to mobile web development. I have a mobile site I built with
the MobileControls but I have no clue how to browse it with an emulator. I
have looked all over and have yet figure it out. I must be missing
something. Where do I start?
5 Answers

kapilp

check out the openwave version 7 emulator at:
http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/tools_and_sdk/phone_...

from this enulator just browse to your web site and you can browse it.

hope this helps.
--
Thank You,
Kapil Pershad

"Jed" wrote:

> I am pretty new to mobile web development. I have a mobile site I built with
> the MobileControls but I have no clue how to browse it with an emulator. I
> have looked all over and have yet figure it out. I must be missing
> something. Where do I start?

Jed

Thanks, Kapilp,

I downloaded it and I was up in running in no time. This will help, but I
thought Visual Studio came with emulators. Does anybody use them? How do
you install/run/launch them?

Thanks, again!

"kapilp" wrote:

> check out the openwave version 7 emulator at:
> http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/tools_and_sdk/phone_...
>
> from this enulator just browse to your web site and you can browse it.
>
> hope this helps.
> --
> Thank You,
> Kapil Pershad
>

> "Jed" wrote:
>
> > I am pretty new to mobile web development. I have a mobile site I built with
> > the MobileControls but I have no clue how to browse it with an emulator. I
> > have looked all over and have yet figure it out. I must be missing
> > something. Where do I start?

kapilp

it only comes with the smart phone emulator.

here is an article on how to config your openwave emulator with vs.net

http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/tools_and_sdk/ide_integration/microsoft/visual...

--
Thank You,
Kapil Pershad

stcheng

Hi jedatu,

For VS 2003/ vs 2005, there exists some smart device projects, we can
create such project and use VS IDE's debug or run command/menu to launch
the emulators. Also, we can manually launch emulators from commandline.
Anyway, we need to install the certain smart device sdk first.

#Using the Emulator in Smart Device Projects
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dv_vstechart/html/grfusing...
smartdeviceprojects.asp?frame=true

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Aytaç ÖZAY

You can use Microsoft Mobil Explorer 3.0. You only write
http://localhost/YourProject/PageName to mobile phone emulator, then you see
your mobile web site

The address you download the emulator is
http://www.devhood.com/tools/tool_details.aspx?...

Have a nice work,

Aytaç ÖZAY
Software Engineer