Urgent : Soap Extension for Global Error Hadling in Webservices

VSK

Our Architecture:
-------------------
ASP..NET and IIS in 1 box
Webservices and Business components in another box
and DB in another box.
we try to access the business components using Webservices..

problem
---------
Errorhandling related.
Planning to write errorhandling in Webservice layer and want to write in a
single place and do not want to repeat the try catch and logging error into
db/file/eventlog in all web methods.
Read that in such situatiions we have to use SoapExtension.Is that the way
or are there any other ways.

For SoapExtension please direct me to some good resources.

Tia
VSK

1 Answer

Dino Chiesa [MSFT]

See the answer to your identical post
at the microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices

ps: no need to multi-post.
http://www.newsreaders.com/guide/netiq...