David Lozzi

7/5/2006 2:24:00 PM

Howdy,

New to .Net 2.0 and its caching features. I'm excited about the new
performance boost that caching will bring to my application. I have two
questions

1) I have several pages (web forms and user controls alike) in my app that
are using caching, and several that are not. Is there a way I can store the
duration in one location to update all of the pages? As far as development
is concerned I have caching set to 2 seconds, but when we go live, I'll want
to crank it up and monitor performance to fine tune the duration. What's the
best process for managing all of these caches?

2) If I cache a web form, will it cache the user controls referenced in it?
I'm guessing yes but I don't know how smart .Net 2.0 is yet.

Thanks!!

--
David Lozzi
dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com