microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

Can I used caching with personalization?

Bhavini

6/8/2006 6:25:00 AM

Hi All,

I am new to ASP.NET 2.0, I want to use caching with my application. But in
my application user can personalize layout (colors, themes etc). So can I use
Output caching in this case, or I will need to use data catching only?

I wonder if output caching will be used, all users will get same layout for
particular page. is it so?

Waiting for your reply

Thanks,
Bhavini
1 Answer

Balasubramanian Ramanathan

You can use output caching by caching multiple versions of page based on

a.. The VaryByParam attribute allows you to vary the cached output depending
on the query string.

a.. The VaryByControl attribute allows you to vary the cached output
depending on a control value.

a.. The VaryByHeader attribute allows you to vary the cached output
depending on the request's HTTP header.

a.. The VaryByCustom attribute allows you to vary the cached output by
browser type or by a custom string that you define.