Me

I am developing a mobile web application (VS.NET 2005/xhtml) the target
device(s) are Symbian (v.9) based smartphones. We recently recived a new
"batch" of test devices with upgraded software..

For months now the Link Button with code like this: "<a
id="ctl00_mainContent_btnLogin" class="link"
href="javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$mainContent$btnLogin','')">Login</a>"
have worked...

Unfortunately that is no longer the case and the browser in the device(s)
don't POST when clicking the links...

Any help or general ideas are welcomed!

Regards
/Oscar

3 Answers

Mike McAllister

Sorry I can't supply a solution, but I can verify I have the same problem on
another device. See the next page of issues...the one entitled "Mobile, Link
Button, Grid..." is mine, with 12 posts.
--
Mike McAllister

"Oscar Thornell" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am developing a mobile web application (VS.NET 2005/xhtml) the target
> device(s) are Symbian (v.9) based smartphones. We recently recived a new
> "batch" of test devices with upgraded software..
>
> For months now the Link Button with code like this: "<a
> id="ctl00_mainContent_btnLogin" class="link"
> href="javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$mainContent$btnLogin','')">Login</a>"
> have worked...
>
> Unfortunately that is no longer the case and the browser in the device(s)
> don't POST when clicking the links...
>
> Any help or general ideas are welcomed!
>
> Regards
> /Oscar

Me

The problems are related to ASP.NET 2.0 usage/identification of client
capabilities.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/librar...(VS.80).aspx

Adding the following code in Page_Load should solve your problem...
Page.ClientTarget = "Uplevel";

/Oscar

"Mike McAllister" <mikemcallister@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> Sorry I can't supply a solution, but I can verify I have the same problem
> on
> another device. See the next page of issues...the one entitled "Mobile,
> Link
> Button, Grid..." is mine, with 12 posts.
> --
> Mike McAllister
>

> "Oscar Thornell" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am developing a mobile web application (VS.NET 2005/xhtml) the target
>> device(s) are Symbian (v.9) based smartphones. We recently recived a new
>> "batch" of test devices with upgraded software..
>>
>> For months now the Link Button with code like this: "<a
>> id="ctl00_mainContent_btnLogin" class="link"
>> href="javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$mainContent$btnLogin','')">Login</a>"
>> have worked...
>>
>> Unfortunately that is no longer the case and the browser in the device(s)
>> don't POST when clicking the links...
>>
>> Any help or general ideas are welcomed!
>>
>> Regards
>> /Oscar

Mike McAllister

PPC-Oscar,
I tried adding Page.ClientTarget = "Uplevel"; to the Page_Load of all my
application's pages. However, it didn't work.

I guess it's a bug in the one device...a Sprint PPC-6700 SmartPhone device.

Thanks,
--
Mike McAllister