Unique number for each Pocket PC

Ruan Yuping

2/23/2006 2:41:00 AM

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me if the Serial Number found on an Dell Axim X51,
is common to all brands of PPCs? In other words, does each PPC have
its own unique number. If each PPC does have a unique number then I wonder
if we access to it in CF or via the WinCE API in unmanaged code?

Regards,
Ruan Yuping

2 Answers

Egil Hogholt

This article on MSDN explains how to get the Device ID using the
KernelIoControl function:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetcomp/html/retrievede...

Cheers,
Egil
http://www....

"Ruan Yuping" <ruan AT tai-qi.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Can anybody tell me if the Serial Number found on an Dell Axim X51,
> is common to all brands of PPCs? In other words, does each PPC have
> its own unique number. If each PPC does have a unique number then I wonder
> if we access to it in CF or via the WinCE API in unmanaged code?
>

> Regards,
> Ruan Yuping

Ruan Yuping

Thank you very much