microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

Cannot create trigger 'dbo.Profile.ProfileCodes_AspNet_SqlCacheNotification_Trigger' as its schema is different from the schema of the target table or view.

emer.kurbegovic

5/29/2006 3:19:00 AM

I am having problems enabling sql table for notifications in sql 2005.
The problem is that when i use custom schema name i get following
error:

Cannot create trigger
'dbo.Profile.ProfileCodes_AspNet_SqlCacheNotification_Trigger' as its
schema is different from the schema of the target table or view.

Everything works fine if I change schema name to "dbo".

this does not work:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC>aspnet_regsql -E -d MYDB
-et -
t Profile.ProfileCodes

Enabling the table for SQL cache dependency.

..An error has happened. Details of the exception:
Cannot create trigger
'dbo.Profile.ProfileCodes_AspNet_SqlCacheNotification_Tri
gger' as its schema is different from the schema of the target table or
view.

Failed during cache dependency registration.

Please make sure the database name and the table name are valid. Table
names mus
t conform to the format of regular identifiers in SQL.

The failing SQL command is:
dbo.AspNet_SqlCacheRegisterTableStoredProcedure

BUT this works fine: (after i switch schema name to "dbo")
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC>aspnet_regsql -E -d MYDB
-et -
t dbo.ProfileCodes

My question is: Why can't i enable table notifications when i use my
own schema names?

what am i doing wrong?

thanks