Sequential Web Service Call Significant Delay?

Jordan Zhang

7/24/2003 12:43:00 AM

Anyone experience two more web Service method call cause
delays? But not on one call.

Thanks.
3 Answers

Dino Chiesa [MSFT]

can you provide some additional details?

"Jordan Zhang" <jingdong@computer.org> wrote in message
> Anyone experience two more web Service method call cause
> delays? But not on one call.
>
> Thanks.

Jordan Zhang

We have a situation where while making two consecutive calls to two
webmethods defined on a single ASMX file, the second call fails. The
Server is not able to provide inputs to the second Web Method correctly.

However, if a slight delay is introduced in the call to/between the two
web methods, both the method calls get serviced.

So the situation is the single webserver hosting this ASMX file with 2
webmethods on it and invoking each one of them one after the other
causes the second call to fail.

We haven't tested this if the second call was directed to a separate
web-server hosting the same ASMX file or making two consecutive calls to
2 webmethods defined in two separate ASMX files.

Please let me know if you require further clarification. Looking forward
to the resolution.

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Arthur Nesterovsky

> So the situation is the single webserver hosting this ASMX file with 2
> webmethods on it and invoking each one of them one after the other
> causes the second call to fail.

This is looks like an old well known problem that appears time to time
in this newsgroup. Actually this is "restriction" of HTTP
protocol (if you want I can give you even quotation from the HTTP
specification).

There is such thing like "DefaultConnectionLimit" try to play with it.
Take a look at the following topic ".NET Framework/
Programming with the .NET Framework/Using Application Protocols/
Managing Connections" in MSDN.

Hope this help.
With best wishes, Arthur Nesterovsky
mailto: arthur@nesterovsky-bros.com