microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

Expire all pages when logged out

momo

5/11/2006 1:34:00 PM

Hi Guys!

I have a site that allows users to log in and out based and uses session to
access every page. My problem is when a user logout and click the back
button in the browser it allows them to go back and view the content that
they were in before but can not make any new request to the server without
logging back in. How can I make that page redirect them to them login page.
I have tried this
<%@ OutputCache Duration="0" Location="None" VaryByParam="none" %>
in my code and it does not work. Please help

Momo

2 Answers

Joerg Jooss

Thus wrote momo,

> Hi Guys!
>
> I have a site that allows users to log in and out based and uses
> session to
> access every page. My problem is when a user logout and click the back
> button in the browser it allows them to go back and view the content
> that
> they were in before but can not make any new request to the server
> without
> logging back in.

Actually, they're seeing locally cached content. This isn't harmful per se.

>How can I make that page redirect them to them login
> page.
> I have tried this
> <%@ OutputCache Duration="0" Location="None" VaryByParam="none" %>
> in my code and it does not work. Please help

Only some browsers apply Cache-Control directives to back/forward/history
based navigation -- IE does, FireFox and Opera don't (when I last checked).
There's no general solution here.

Cheers,
--
Joerg Jooss