Mobile Pages Displayed on PC Viewstate

rwoo_98

1/31/2006 10:02:00 PM

I am creating a mobile web site and notice something peculiar when
testing the page using IE on a PC. I point my browser to an Mobile
ASP.NET page, and then bring up another instance of IE using Control-N
or File->New, the viewstate gets corrupted. I get the following error
message.

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the
session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or
the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history
size or session expiry limit.

I assume that this error occurs because the view state is stored on the
server as oppose to the browser.

I have an on error page that handles exceptions. Besided reading the
message text, is there anyway of determining when this exception
occurs.

Thanks in advance.